Saturday, April 5, 2008

Easter at Life Church


This past Sunday we had 56 people 9 of which were visitors. Each of whom came because someone in the church invited them and although we did not have a huge program planned, we had the Lord’s Supper and then I spoke on the relevance of the resurrection. I would like you to pray for Kris: a couple of weeks ago Brenda our neighbor and a member of the church called us and told us that one of her co-workers husband had just shot himself in front of their daughter! She asked if we could come and pray with her. I was out of town so Cyndi and Misty prayed with her, then some of our ladies took meals to them for a few days. This past Sunday, she and her 10 year old daughter came. We had already started and I did not know who she was. During the message I was talking about how the resurrection is relevant to us today because of the hope it gives us at the gravesite of a Christian. She just started to bawl! As you can imagine I was a little perplexed but at the end she came up and threw her arms around me and thanked me and told me that she had been getting depressed lately and that she wondered if there was any hope. She said “I came to the right place this morning!” she will be coming back and I hope to be able to share more about Christ’s love with her and her daughter. Once again I am convinced that God is doing something wonderful here at Life Church That was only one of three stories I heard this past Sunday. Another visitor, Dave, is a guy Rob had asked for prayer for because of cancer. He showed up yesterday because he said that he had to see the church that Rob goes to and is involved with. Because “He is so different,” Dave told me. I just smiled and asked him he wanted the same thing. Then Claudette was a lady that Rob’s wife invited. She is a Hospital administrator here is the area. During the message I read a passage out of John 11:25-26 and afterwards Patty told us that Claudette leaned over with tears in her eyes and told Patty that that verse was her Grandmother’s favorite verse, the grandmother who first told her about Christ. I wanted you to hear a few of these so you can see what your financial support is doing in the lives of people that would otherwise not step into a church. It is making a difference maybe not for the whole world but for these people you are. I promise you, they will be able to thank you one of these days. Please pray for our financial needs as we prepare to “launch” Life Church.

Gavin Searles,
Life Church
Clermont

0 comments: