Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BBC - Presidential Forum


Good evening Pastors,

A few months ago I took a trip to BBC with a small group of guys including our youth pastor, worship pastor and three prospective students.  What a great trip.  From the time we arrived, John Slayden, and his team, welcomed us and made us feel they were very interested in us.  Our students stayed in the dorms and had a blast.  My staff guys spoke in various classes and felt it was a great time of connecting with some very sharp students.  As a matter of fact, they went back to the dorms for hours in the evening with a large group of students, talking ministry.  I had the opportunity to speak in chapel and I was blown away and blessed at the same time by the awesome worship service.  The band was not only talented but full of ministry and it came through in the chapel service.  The receptivity of the students, to the message, was encouraging.  The President, and many of the professors, were obviously plugged in to all that was happening.  I left BBC this trip far more excited about where the school is and where it is going than I have ever been.  It is a school I would like many of our students to attend. 

Recently Rob Hoffman called and asked if we would host a half-day event at our church for pastors and staff who would be interested in hearing and seeing a report on where BBC is going.  This will be informational and I am sure, inspirational.  We will hear and be able to ask questions.  I am glad to host the day and I wanted to send this email to a few of you who I think have some of the sharpest kids and a great philosophy of ministry to ask you to please try and come for this brief day.  This is not a fund raising event.  It could be a beginning for some of us to again send our kids with confidence to BBC and get back, in return, the graduates we dream of having.

The meeting will be, Tuesday, August 2nd from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm, and then we will break for lunch and fellowship following the meeting.  Please take a minute, and call or email me, and let me know if you can come and who you will bring.  I hope you can bring your key staff who influence your students.

Thanks and be blessed, 

Dave Janney 

0 comments: