Saturday, September 3, 2011

Volume 7




"I'm a Pastor's Wife"


That little group of words has got to be at the top of my list - "words I thought I'd never say"! It humbles me to my core. Living life under this new name is teaching me lessons I wasn't expecting and I am so grateful for it. Just a few of the things God is teaching....


I can still be me!
Being real makes all the difference in the world.
It's not all about me!
Giving council keeps me on my knees.
Encouraging others to go deeper with God makes me take inventory in my life.
I am not perfect...

God doesn't expect me to be!
A smile and a hug go a long way.
Respect for my husband has grown immensely.
Praying for him is more important with each passing day.

Leading by word is easy...
Leading by action takes effort.
God is using my past to minister to others and it's beautiful.
I don't have to have all the answers, sometime I just need to stop and listen.

I pray that my heart would stay close to the Lord, that my humility would remain in tact, and that I would be sensitive to the moving of the Spirit with willing hands to serve when prompted. It is beautiful that God has brought us here and I desire to draw even nearer to Him through this new journey.
Lord, this is Your work and all that is accomplished here is to Your glory alone. I am humbled that you use me. Thank you for walking with me. I pray that my eyes would remain fixed on You, that I would not grow cold to the people around me, and that I would be found faithful to Your calling. It is only through Your strength any of that is possible. I love you!
~ ~by Tina Ebert~ ~

I Tmothy 1:12, "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who hath enabled me for that he counted me faithful putting me into the ministry."


You Know You're A Pastor's Wife If.......
.....you are rarely referred to by your given name.
.....you wish you had a dime for every time someone claims your hasband said something he never said.
.....you have shaken more hands than a politian.
.....you have sincerely prayed for someone's pet.
.....you are expected to play the piano and sing - your spiritual gifts!!
.....you are expected to know the name, address, phone number and birth date of every member.
.....your new outfit is the talk of the week.
.....people come to you to offer "constructive criticism" of the pastor.
.....people look at you when the pastor starts a story about the family.
.....you can't slip into church late and go unnoticed.
.....you have to taste every casserole at the pitch-in dinner.
.....you are consistently the last one out of the building.
.....people think your husband only works 3 hours a week.
.....you worry because it's 10 pm and your husband is not back from the deacon's meeting.

0 comments: