Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Burden of Ministry - Dennis Anderson

Here are some thoughts I wrote down from Dennis Anderson's message at the FBBF meeting on Monday.

Habakkuk 1:1 - 2
1The burden which the prophet Habakkuk saw.
2
O Lord, how long shall I cry,
And You will not hear?

  • Every pastor has burdens
  • We have to choose to complain or continue
Habakkuk 2:2
2Then the Lord answered me and said:
"Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."


1. Write the vision
    • An unwritten vision is just a dream
2. Make it plain
    • Don't over complicate the vision
3. So people can run with it
    • It must be portable and transferable

Bonus: Independent is an adjective (Dennis did not say this directly, but I did not write down the exact quote, just what I translated it to in my head.)

0 comments: