Friday, May 9, 2008

What You Missed in Tavares

Getting to a Fellowship meeting is not often easy. They seem to always come after a particularly grueling weekend, and giving up that much needed day off can be tough. This website hopefully will allow you to stay up with the action even when you are not able to attend. It is my hope that by telling you what you missed, you will be more inclined to make the drive.

Here is the rest of the story....

  • I found out that Dan Jeffers from Park Street walked in on a burglar on Saturday. The guy apologized for breaking in, said "it will never happen again", before leaving with an undisclosed amount of cash. (great illustration on the true meaning of repentance)
  • I heard that Russell Johnson is now opening up their building for corporate conventions and training events for companies like UPS. Local foot traffic several time a month.
  • I learned that Gavin Searles, had a Judas take the money bag and run. The bank has frozen their account, but not until some damage was done.
  • I learned that our church planter Sterling Young drives a Cadillac. This particular Caddy, however has 300,000 plus miles on it.
  • I watched as $4,000 was raised in 5 minutes from some very generous pastors to help Sterling get a car that he can rely on.
  • I sat on the back row with a whole bunch of Youth Pastors who love God, love kids, and are working together.
I for one don't want to miss Tim's meeting. Do you?

By the way, I found this while Googling a picture of Gavin Searles. Lake County Sheriff's Office Photo Wow! I never knew.

1 comments:

Ben Jennings said...

Right Click. Set as Background. Sweet!

Great post Joel-Monday was a great example of why we do what we do...I hope we keep doing it and get better at it!